Monday, May 3, 2010

Scream for the Innocent

Sex trafficking. It's the elephant in the room. Or not. Do you know it's even there? Everyday, ALL around the world, children, and young women are being exploited and sold into the sex trade. And, sadly, you are mistaken if you think it's not happening in your backyard. Even sadder, Craigslist is giving the sick monsters who "sell" these innocent victims a FREE platform** with which to do it. I'd like to ask Jim Buckmaster (CEO of Craigslist) if HE has a daughter.

SCREAM FOR THE INNOCENT. These people are voiceless. They are young, vulnerable. They are blonde, brunette, have freckles. They are just like my children. Just like YOUR children. Think for a nano-second about what you'd do if you thought there was a chance it could be your children sold into this industry. Got it? Ok, now do SOMETHING. Read this open letter to the CEO of Craigslist. Sign the petition. As my sweet friend Lindsey said, "a car manufacturer has problems with production and it incites Congressional hearings. Come on, America!!! Open your eyes!". Here are some articles about the facts.

I am asking you to think about this. Really. Pray. What can you do? I am doing the same. I am giving money every month to help girls in Moldova that are rescued from the sex trade. Here's where you can get more info about what Hopechest is doing in Moldova. I encourage you to look. Please look. Every little bit really DOES help.

support-moldova-1.jpg


"Once our eyes have been opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do..."

**Post script edit--The platform isn't free for posting pornographic ads to Craigslist, it's just easy. No, C-list is making MILLIONS on this. Millions on the sale of childrens bodies. Millions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have I told you that I LOVE you today! You rock! I love your passion and your heart! Praying for justice.