Thursday, October 2, 2008

My daughter...

Ava with "her" Bay Aleh
So, most of you know how independent AvaGirl is. Well, she more than proved it this week. Dan took the kids to his sisters in Indy, and I stayed back for some alone time (and girl time with Sarah!!). Dan left sunday, but his mom stayed. Lydia (our niece) wanted Ave to stay, and then Lil would bring her home. Well, monday came around, and when it was time to leave, she flat refused. Hands on hips "NO bamma (grandma), I stay here with Leela (Lydia)." After some "fighting", Grandma called Dan and explained the situation. Ava got on the phone with Dan and said "Daddy, I no come home. I stay with Leela. You come get me friday." And guess what? Thats what we're doing. I am dreading her at 12...or 16...Yikes!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awe....those independent minded daughters of ours....they start young, don't they? Sometimes it sends you to bed in tears and other times you find yourself rejoicing. Parenting is the toughest and most rewarding job there is!!!